USS only accesses customer data under the following circumstances:
- The customer is aware that data is being accessed.
- It is needed to troubleshoot a specific issue.
- It is obtained because a specific function that the customer has requested, such as, data conversion, off- site backup service, or web bill presentment.
USS keeps the data secure using the following methods:
- All access via the internet for viewing uses a secure SSL connection with our remote access software.
- Transferring data is done via a secure connection. This includes data transferred for troubleshooting, off-site backup, and web bill presentment data.
- For the duration the data is kept at USS on its servers, it is protected by:
- Constant intrusion detection and prevention
- Limited physical access in a conditioned room where only USS employees with proper security clearance have a key
- For data conversions and other unique situations, data may be physically transported on a customer’s server for installation or via a portable storage device to be able to transfer data to a server already on location. Access to this data is extremely limited.
- All employees at USS are required to sign a non-disclosure agreement which includes agreeing not to disclose any customer data to a 3rd party without proper consent.
This Privacy Statement applies to United-Systems.com and United Systems websites, services and products that collect information via signup, registration, or use of contact forms.
United Systems maintains and provides a wide array of websites and web servers operated by United Systems. In the course of using our websites, you may choose to provide information via web forms, email or other electronic means. Personally identifiable information submitted will only be used for United Systems related purposes. United Systems will not sell this data to outside parties.
Requests for information and information submitted via forms will be directed to the appropriate staff to respond to those requests and may be recorded to help us improve our site to better respond to similar requests.
United Systems makes every reasonable effort to ensure that your personal information remains as secure as possible. Accordingly, we prevent unauthorized access by a secure firewall and use of security technologies to protect the integrity and privacy of any personal information you provide.
As an additional security measure, your personal information is also encrypted during transmission by Secure Socket Layer 128-bit encryption software. (Encryption is a common method used to transmit sensitive data across the Internet. Encryption temporarily makes the text unreadable during the time it is being transmitted over the Internet.) This is an industry standard.
Although we endeavor to protect your personal information, United Systems cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through online applications, and you do so at your own risk. Depending on the nature of the inquiry, your communication could be discarded or archived. If you wish, you can contact us instead by telephone at the numbers provided throughout our site.
Some portions of our websites may require login identifiers and/or passwords. You are responsible for taking reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person has access to your password or account login information. It is your sole responsibility to control the use of login information and passwords, to authorize, monitor and control access to and use of your account and password and to inform United Systems promptly of any need to deactivate an account.
Links to External Websites
In order to provide website users with other helpful information, our websites contain links to other websites. However, United Systems provides no authority over external organizations’ websites and this policy does not apply to external sites that are provided as links. We encourage you to read the Privacy Policies on any external websites before providing them with personal information.
In order to protect the information and identity of children, we ask that minors not submit any personal information to us. Parents or caregivers should become knowledgeable about websites that collect information so they can assure that their children’s use of the Internet reflects parental preferences and requirements.
Acceptance of Terms
Unless otherwise specified, United Systems’ services and software may not be modified, copied, distributed, transmitted, displayed, performed, reproduced, published, licensed, or used to create derivative works. Information obtained from United Systems’ software, products, or services may not be sold or transferred.
Privacy and Protection of Personal Information
See the Privacy Statement disclosures relating to the collection and use of your information.
Account, Password, and Security
If any portion of our websites require you to create an account, you must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. You also will choose a password and a user name. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify United Systems immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. United Systems will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by United Systems or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time, without the permission of the account holder.